Online marketing is all the rage right now. It’s never been easier or affordable to connect with your ideal clients. You can get likes on your page for $1 a lead. You can target someone else’s leads that has already gathered together your clients. You can promote just about anything to just about anyone, and it’s relatively inexpensive.
Lead acquisition is cheap online. But even a lead that didn’t cost a lot to acquire becomes expensive when it doesn’t convert.
Likes and follows do not equal sales! If you are serious about your online marketing, I invite you to be equally serious about how those leads convert!
Here’s 3 secrets to kill it with your online marketing sales.
1. Bring every lead through a sales experience. Autoresponders and email campaigns are fantastic for nurturing leads. But they don’t necessarily convert your leads on their own. All leads will need to go through a sales experience. There are hundreds of ways to gather a lead, but really only a few ways to convert a lead. Here are the sales experiences that will convert.
- A webinar, live or evergreen
- A phone conversation
- A live event where you pitch your products.
- Driving the leads to a sales page
- In person sales conversation
That’s pretty much it! If you are building a lead list online and you aren’t taking your leads through one of these experiences, trust me, you are wasting money and opportunity!
2. Match the right price point to the right sales experience. If you want to really close your online marketing sales well, you need to understand that different sales experiences work well with different price points. The numbers could be argued for days, and to be honest, there are a lot of differing opinions. So just consider these my opinions. This is what I have seen work well for my clients.
- Under $200 sells well on a sales page, but the highest conversions will happen when your product is under $49.99. If you are trying to sell a $200 product from a sales page, it will need to be a REALLY good sales page!
- Under $1000- sells well on a webinar. If you have a well written webinar with a great pitch, you can close deals up $1000 with good consistency. Live webinars always convert higher than pre-recorded. And I’ve found that if I want an evergreen webinar, the sweet spot for conversion is about $500.
- Anything over $1000 I recommend that you call the lead and schedule a one on one consultation.
- High end- over 20K, usually works best in person. That could be a lunch meeting, a pitch meeting, a golf game, or a live event. When you are looking to transact a big deal, be willing to put in some face to face time.
3. For best results, use multiple sales experiences. When I started online marketing sales, all of my leads were acquired online, and then we took them straight to a sales call. It was very effective. But it was also very hands on. If you are looking for a place to start, start simple. But if you are looking to improve conversions, consider combining a few to increase results.
- Drive traffic to a landing page to register for a webinar.
- Use a nurture sequence in between the registration and the webinar.
- Offer your product on the webinar.
- Follow up with an email directing them to the sales page.
- Use a follow up email sequence that is designed to sell and direct them back to the sales page.
- Call and follow up with the leads who are engaging in the sequence.
Getting online leads is great. Converting your online sales is awesome! Happy converting.